At least three people in the United States go by the name of Sally Matheny.
I am the Southerner who likes her tea sweet, her chocolate dark, and her coffee strong.
- Jesus Christ
- my pastor-husband of twenty-seven years
- our tweener son, our two adult daughters & their precious husbands
- encouraging others
- spending time with family and friends
- discovering history--especially little-known, fascinating facts
- homeschooling (We're in our seventeenth year & have two college grads!)
- teaching homeschool co-op classes
- teaching children at church
- facilitating women's Bible studies
- to laugh, have fun, and play board games
- making lists!
- Former public school educator with a master's degree in K-6 Education.
- Inspirational speaker for women's events, including programs for multi-generational audiences, such as Mother/Daughter Teas
- Member of the American Christian Writers Association
- Book Reviewer for Thomas Nelson and Zondervan
- Book Reviewer for the Blythe Daniel Literary Agency
- Reviewer of faith-based films
- Founder and leader of Tell the Next Generation Jr. Historian club for 4th- 10th-grade students, which is associated with the N.C. Museum of History
- Member of the Old Tryon County Genealogical Society
- Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
My writing has appeared in national and international print and online publications.
A sampling of those are:
A sampling of those are:
|It was exciting to see my story|
illustrated on the front cover of
Clubhouse Jr. magazine!
Clubhouse Jr. (Focus on the Family)
Keys for Kids
The NCHE Greenhouse Report
Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference
Each week, I share encouragement for Christian living on my blog. For now, while still raising a family, I choose to blog only once or twice a week.
The topics vary. Many focus on ways to cultivate a courageous faith and how to model that for the next generation. I long to inspire readers by sharing how God has worked, and continues to work, in our everyday lives.
Reflecting on the ups and downs of ordinary life, we'll search together for reminders of God's extraordinary truth, hope, and love.
I hope you will join us in this journey. I long to hear what's on your heart, and how God is working in your life.
Also, once or twice a month I host a giveaway of some sort--usually a book I'm reviewing, but occasionally it's a gift card, a movie, or some other cool thing.
You can easily receive free blog updates by signing up with your email or using the subscribe button. You'll find those buttons over there in the right-hand column.
Life is short. Time is precious. I promise I won't flood your email box or share your address with third parties.
I'd love to connect with you on
Facebook, on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Sally_Matheny
and on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sallymatheny/boards/.
You can also use the Contact page.
Let's get together soon!