At least three people in the United States go by the name of Sally Matheny.
I am the Southerner who likes her tea sweet, her chocolate dark, and her coffee strong.
- Jesus Christ
- my husband of twenty-nine years
- our teenage son, our two adult daughters, their precious husbands, and our one grandson
- spending time with family and friends
- encouraging others
- discovering history--especially fascinating, little-known facts
- homeschooling (We're in our nineteenth year and have two college grads!)
- teaching children of all ages at homeschool co-op classes, at church, and in the community
- facilitating women's Bible studies
- leading a Junior Historian Club
- field trips
- to laugh, have fun, and play board games
- making lists!
- Former public school educator with a master's degree in K-6 Education.
- Inspirational speaker for women's events, including programs for multi-generational audiences, such as Mother/Daughter Teas
- Member of the American Christian Writers Association
- Book Reviewer for Thomas Nelson and Zondervan
- Book Reviewer for the Blythe Daniel Literary Agency
- Reviewer of faith-based films
- Founder and leader of Tell the Next Generation Jr. Historian club for 4th- 10th-grade students, which is associated with the N.C. Museum of History
- Member of the Old Tryon County Genealogical Society
- Member of Nonfiction Authors Association
- Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
My writing has appeared in international, national, and regional print and online publications.
A sampling of those are:
A sampling of those are:
|It was exciting to see my story|
illustrated on the front cover of
Clubhouse Jr. magazine!
The Old Schoolhouse
Keys for Kids
The NCHE Greenhouse Report
Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference
For now, while still raising a family and homeschooling, I choose to blog only once or twice a week.
My desire is to inspire and empower readers with tools to tell the next generation the things God has done. I'm in the journey with you--whether that's two steps ahead or two steps behind you. I long for my children to learn how to live with a peaceful spirit and a courageous faith. In order for me to model that to them, I'm going to have to venture out in faith myself. I'd love it if you joined me on the adventure!
I look forward to hearing what's on your heart, and how God is working in your life.
Also, once or twice a month I host a giveaway of some sort--usually a book I'm reviewing, but occasionally it's a gift card, a movie, or some other cool thing!
You can easily receive free blog updates by signing up with your email. You'll find that button over there in the right-hand column.
Life is short. Time is precious. I promise I won't flood your email box or share your address with third parties.
I'd love to connect with you on
Facebook, on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Sally_Matheny
and on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sallymatheny/boards/.
You can also use the Contact page.
Let's talk soon!