At least three people in the United States go by the name of Sally Matheny.
I am the Southerner who likes her tea sweet, her chocolate dark, and her coffee strong.
- Jesus Christ
- my pastor-husband of twenty-six years
- our tweener son, our two adult daughters their precious husbands
- encouraging others
- spending time with family and friends
- discovering history--especially little-known, fascinating facts
- homeschooling (We're in our sixteenth year and have two college grads!)
- teaching homeschool co-op classes
- teaching a Sunday School class for young children
- facilitating women's Bible studies
- to laugh, have fun, and play board games
- making lists!
- Former public school educator with a master's degree in K-6 Education.
- Inspirational speaker for women's events, including programs for multi-generational audiences, such as Mother/Daughter Teas
- Member of the American Christian Writers Association
- Book Reviewer for Thomas Nelson and Zondervan
- Book Reviewer for Blythe Daniel Literary Agency
- Reviewer of Faith-based films
- Founder and leader of Tell the Next Generation Jr. Historian club for 4th- 10th-grade students associated with the N.C. Museum of History
- Member of the Old Tryon County Genealogical Society
- Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
- Member of the leadership team for the Write2Ignite! Writers' Conference (2013-2015)
My writing has appeared in national and international print and online publications. A sampling of those are:
|It was exciting to see my story|
illustrated on the front cover of
Clubhouse Jr. magazine!
Clubhouse Jr. (Focus on the Family)
Keys for Kids
The NCHE Greenhouse Report
Christian Writers Conference
Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference
Each week, I share encouragement for Christian living on my blog. For now, while I'm still raising children, I choose to blog only once or twice a week.
The topics vary. Many focus on ways to cultivate a strong and courageous faith so we can pass it on to the next generation.
Reflecting on the ups and downs of ordinary life present reminders of God's extraordinary love, hope, and truth.
I hope you will join me in this journey. I long to hear what's on your heart, and how God is working in your life.
Once or twice a month I host a giveaway of some sort--usually a book I'm reviewing, but occasionally it's a gift card, a movie, or some other cool thing.
You can easily receive free blog updates by signing up with your email or using the subscribe button. You'll find those buttons in the right-hand column.
Life is short. Time is precious. I promise I won't flood your email box or share your address with third parties.
I'd love to connect with you on
Facebook, on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Sally_Matheny
and on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sallymatheny/boards/.
You can also use the Contact page.